Making a delicious and healthy home-cooked meal doesn’t need to be a hassle. This fajita sheet pan dinner recipe is as tasty as it is effortless.
Sheet pan dinners are the saving grace of busy weeknights. With as little as 15 minutes of preparation time, you can have a delicious and healthy meal; meals that would normally take hours slaving away in the kitchen to make. Perhaps the best aspect of sheet pan dinners is that they only require the use of one cooking sheet, so there is hardly any cleanup.
This sheet steak fajita recipe is as mouth-watering as it is easy to make. With homemade fajita seasoning, a cilantro lime marinade, and an array of tasty vegetables, you won’t be able to get enough of this flavorful dish.
While this recipe includes steak, you can easily swap in shrimp, chicken, or tofu depending on your preference—just make sure to adjust the cooking time. You can further customize the recipe to fit your dietary needs by using low carb tortillas or serving it over cauliflower rice instead of using the flour/corn tortillas.
Fajita Spice Blend
• 2 teaspoons chili powder
• 1 teaspoon cumin
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
• ½ - 1 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
• 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional or to taste
Cilantro Lime Marinade:
• 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
• 1 ½ tablespoon fresh cilantro, finely chopped
• Juice from 2 limes, divided
• ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
• 12 ounces flank steak, sliced into ¼ strips across the grain
• 4 medium bell peppers (red, yellow, orange, and green), thinly sliced
• 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
• Warm flour or corn tortillas
• 1-2 sliced avocados
• If you prefer a spicier dish, add more chili powder and some red chili flakes.
• Cut down on preparation time by slicing your vegetables the night before.
• For a more flavorful dish, marinate your steak or choice of protein overnight.
For further instructions on how to prepare this meal, click here. To make the most out of this delicious dish, divide your leftovers into lunch containers and continue to enjoy the meal throughout the week!