SALARY RANGE: Min $41,887 Mid $52,359 Max $62,830
REPORTS TO: Road Department Superintendent
FLSA: At-Will / Exempt / Not eligible for overtime compensation / Exempt
from Bargaining Unit
CLOSING DATE: Monday, June 25, 2018 @ 5 pm
Under general direction of the Road Superintendent or his designee, plans, organizes and manages the operations and staff of the Fleet Division. Fleet Maintenance Manager prepares and manages the annual budget for maintenance and replacement of county vehicles and equipment, designs and manages the preventive maintenance program, establishes the replacement schedule for vehicles and equipment, and manages fuel availability. Maintains confidentiality of privileged information.
The general level and nature of this position are described in the headings below. This is not an all- inclusive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel in this classification.
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Business or Public Administration, Industrial, Mechanical or Automotive Engineering or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
· Five (5) years of experience in fleet operations.
· Four (4) years in a supervisory capacity across all years of job related experience.
· Successful completion of the pre-employment medical exam and passing a drug and alcohol test.
· Must possess a valid New Mexico Driver’s License
· Automotive Service of excellent certification.
· Ability to communication in Spanish is a plus.
· Emergency operation response.
· CDL-B driver’s license.
· Paid vacation, sick leave and paid holidays
· PERA retirement plans;
· BCBS health insurance paid at 100% for full-time employees and a 100% for their dependents.
Applicant must complete an employment application with the Grant County Managers Office, 1400 Hwy 180 East, Silver City, NM 88061 or visit us on-line at www.grantcountynm.com.
NOTE: Grant County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against anyone otherwise qualified because of race, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex or mental physical disability.