Chris Mathys, Conservative Republican and Candidate for U.S. Congress
June 11, 2019
I invite everyone in southern New Mexico to read the article published on February 1, 2019 in the Roswell Daily Record titled “Torres Small gives her thoughts on border security.” I suggest the title should have been, “Torres Small gives deer in headlights look in response on border security.”
Congresswoman Torres Small is a member of the House Committee on Homeland Security. The Democrats appointed Torres Small chairwomen to the Oversight, Management and Accountability Committee, which oversees the U.S./Mexican border crisis. Torres Small believes she “will have a chance to influence policy about the border.” My question is: when will Torres Small make any concrete decision that affects border crisis security? I believe that the facts speak for themselves.
1. In March 2019, while 105,000 illegal aliens invaded our border, Torres Small’s position was, “I will have a chance to influence border policy.”
2. In April 2019, while 110,000 illegal aliens invaded our border, Torres Small’s position was, “I will have a chance to influence policy about the border.”
3. In May 2019, while 145,000 illegal aliens invaded our border, Torres Small’s position was, “I will have a chance to influence policy about the border.”
It would be too simple and a mistake to just blame Torres Small for her non-action on the border crisis. Torres Small’s 2018 Republican opponent, Republican Yvette Herrell, shares much of the blame. Yvette Herrell refused three television debates with Torres Small – the true cause of our defeat. The television stations, media, and rank and file Republican leaders all asked Yvette Herrell to debate and keep CD2 in Republican hands. Republican leaders know that Yvette Herrell gave CD2 to Democrat Congresswomen Torres Small.
Yvette Herrell’s refusal to debate Torres Small allowed progressive democrats to take a seat held by Republicans for over 20 years. Torres Small got a free ride and did not have to declare hard choices on border security. This prevented independent voters from learning her true positions and has allowed Torres Small to continue to tell us, “I will have a chance to influence policy about the border,” yet never doing anything about it.
I believe there is too much at stake to allow Yvette Herrell to repeat her mistakes by putting her self-interests ahead of the security of our border and the American Dream.
I promise not to put anything ahead of our conservative American values. I will fight hard for real border security and will make sure that Congress builds the wall.
Over 11 million illegal aliens in the United States are taking advantage of the American Taxpayers. The average illegal alien family takes over $14,387 each year in welfare from hard-working Americans.
Enough is enough! Congresswoman Torres Small and Democrats in Congress have the power to lead and can pass laws needed to stop illegal border crossing and end illegal aliens in our country. Instead Congresswomen Torres Small does nothing.
I believe that my 10 points and recommendations, when implemented, would correct many of the problems of the border crisis. This represents what is best for all Americans.
In Congress, I will act to protect Southern New Mexico with strong action by introducing and fighting for policies that will work. The policies I call for are straightforward, definite, and logical solutions.
1. My priority will be to work with Donald Trump to protect American citizens and stop the flow of illegal aliens.
2. Change asylum laws giving ICE the power to deport illegal aliens immediately, even if they come from a country without common borders with the United States.
3. Congress needs to change the law to allow the United States Military to enforce 2,000 miles of border, allowing the Border Patrol to handle all ports of entries and interior check points.
4. No amnesty – if you are an illegal alien, you must leave or face deportation when caught by any law enforcement agency.
5. A strong temporary work visa program that allows workers from foreign countries to enter the United States for a specified time period of 4 years then they must leave and re-apply to re-enter after 6 months in their home country.
6. No welfare rights, average illegal aliens currently receive $14,387 per year in welfare benefits.
7. Illegal aliens caught bringing drugs across our border should be given life in prison.
8. Build The Wall, Deport Criminal Illegal Aliens then begin Deporting all other Illegal Aliens.
9. Congress needs to end sanctuary cities by removing all federal funds from those cities that break the law.
10. Build The Wall. Period.