Chris Mathys -Candidate for U.S. Congress District 2
My Republican opponent Yvette Herrell and Democrat Congresswoman Xochitl Torres Small have shown no interest in recognizing the severity of the invasion we are facing and the economic impact it has on our jobs, tax dollars, schools, medical care, housing, food stamps, and other welfare expenses. Diseases such as measles which we eradicated decades ago are suddenly infecting our citizens.
The Cato Institute puts the real number of illegal aliens living in the United States as high as 36 million people. Despite these facts, the progressives and socialists living in America deny there is a crisis and falsely want us to believe that there are only 11 million illegal aliens residing in the United States.
The United States Census Bureau was preparing to count every person who lives in the United States. The government is adamant of wanting to know every detail of our lives unless according to Torres Small you are an illegal alien. Torres Small believes you should not have to answer the simplest of questions: “Are you a United State Citizen?” She also refused to take a stand or answer the question when asked by the Hobbs Sun News if the Census Bureau should include the citizenship question. Instead she stated that she voted to hold the director of U.S. Department of Commerce, Wilber Ross in contempt of Congress. She wants Mr. Ross to testify on how he plans to implement the census.
The truth is – Torres Small believes there are only 11 million Illegal Aliens living in the United States. According to a new study released on March 20, 2017 by Alex Nowrasteh with the Cato Institute “Skeptics claim the real number could exceed 36 million people.”
Torres Small is now the chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Reform whose responsibilities include U.S./Mexico border relations. As chairman her official response is: “We will have a chance to influence policy about the border.” My question is: When will Torres Small make any concrete decisions to resolve the border crisis?
I watch as my Republican Opponent Yvette Herrell is using the same strategy when she lost to Xochitl where she only uses sound bites in order to avoid taking a tough stance.
I cringe when I see my fellow veterans struggle to get medical benefits or when they are forced to stand on street corners begging for quarters while at the same time illegal aliens get free medical care, housing, and food while our veterans are denied basic services. It is time to put American citizens first and make sure their rights and privileges are protected. We must not allow the members of Congress, including Torres Small, to pass legislation giving illegal aliens the right to vote in our local elections.
We cannot deny the massive impact of criminal behavior by illegal aliens. A government study showed that a total of 55,322 illegal aliens were involved in 459,614 arrests. The Americans for Legal Immigration PAC statistics show that 75% of the most wanted are illegal aliens live in Albuquerque, Phoenix, and Los Angeles and 48% of all inmates in New Mexico’s jails are illegal aliens. Statistics show 53% of all reported burglaries in New Mexico are perpetrated by illegal aliens and 98% of all illegal aliens cited while driving have no license, no insurance and no registration for their vehicle.
I will fight against open borders, sanctuary cities, and providing economic support for illegal aliens. My solutions are straight-forward:
1. Send in the active military and National Guard to assist the border patrol in securing our border with Mexico.
2. Fix Our Asylum Laws: Change the United States asylum laws allowing ICE the power to deport all illegal aliens immediately and require illegal aliens to wait in another country until their asylum hearings are scheduled.
3. No Amnesty: If you are an illegal alien you must leave or face deportation when caught by a law enforcement agency.
4. Deport Illegal Aliens: First, deport criminal illegal aliens and then begin deporting all other illegal aliens.
5. No Welfare Benefits: No welfare benefits, free health care, or other public services for illegal aliens
6. Stop Drugs from Crossing Our Border: Illegal aliens caught bringing drugs across our border will serve life in prison.
7. Strong Guest Workers Program: A strong temporary work program allowing workers from foreign countries to enter the United States for a period of 4 years, then they must leave and re-apply to reenter after 6 months in their home country.
8. Build The Wall. Period.
Chris Mathys -Candidate for U.S. Congress District 2 -Tel. 575-644-9408