The Silver City Friends of the Library (FOL) is holding its September Book Sale on Saturday, September 14, from 10:00am-2:00pm, at the FOL Bookstore, 1510 Market Street--in the big yard on Market Street across from Cheyenne Street, six blocks west of the Habitat for Humanity Restore yard.
Hardback and trade paperback books are priced at $1.00 each and paperbacks at $0.50 each. In some cases, books may be priced higher. Weather permitting, clearance item sales take place in the FOL parking lot where visitors can purchase a bag of books (special bags are provided in the parking lot) at $2.00 per bag.
Since our July sale we have received a large amount of fresh stock for our Book Sale. We will be featuring
· a very large collection of books on Quilting, Crocheting, Knitting, Needlepoint, Fabric Dyeing, Weaving, Cross stitch, Lace Work and Textiles
· another fantastic collection of almost 200 music CD’s (jazz, blues, orchestra, operas, concertos, soundtracks, relaxation, contemporary Christian, local artists, Hawaiian and Spanish music)
· several Great Courses at low, low prices
· more outstanding art books and coffee table books
· fiction in French, Spanish, German, Finnish
· Berlitz travel & speak books for Hebrew, Chinese, Arabic, Dutch, Japanese
· Learn to Speak books & tapes in Greek, Italian Latin, Hebrew, Spanish
· sheet music available for a variety of instruments (all levels of experience)
· more than 40 popular authors are highlighted in a separate display inside the store
· three large rooms with over 30 different categories of fiction and non-fiction
· large print books, audio books
· DVDs for all ages (movies, travel, how to’s, self-help)
· complete DVD collection of “Everybody Loves Raymond” TV series
· an entire room dedicated to books ranging from babies to teenagers
· collectible Star Wars books, rare books from early years
· and much, much more!
The Friends of the Library accepts donations of books from the public and uses these to raise funds to support the Silver City Library’s programs and activities. Donations can be placed in the Friends of the Library donation bins outside the Silver City Library main door. These are located to the right of the Library’s bin for returning Library books. For further information regarding donations in general or for arranging pickup for large donations, please contact email@example.com or call 575-538-4940.
Mark your calendars for the 2019 Friends of the Library book sales on the 2nd Saturday of each odd numbered month. The next sale will be on November 9, 2019.
And remember, you don’t have to be a member of FOL to attend the sale and purchase books.