Any document that is primarily text should be submitted as a Word or text document.
Any accompanying image should be in jpg format.
ONLY flyers should be pdfs.
Please do NOT send any pdfs from which we cannot pull the information. That includes scanned documents, which cannot be used on the Beat and the information will not be posted.
For any and all news releases and calendar items, be sure to include the who, what, why, where, when information. Without all those elements readers will not have enough information to find out what, when and where the event is.
Questions, please email email@example.com
The Beat totally appreciates when you send already completed ads for us to post.
But you must remember several tips:
1) KEEP IT SIMPLE!!!!!!! The fewer words the better, What, when, where
2) Yes, we prefer receiving the ad in a larger size, so when we resize it in the smaller size, it is still clear and not fuzzy.
3) HOWEVER, even though you are sending the ad in the larger size, please made a copy, and downsize it, at 96 dpi (resolution) to the correct size it will be.
a) For example, if you have built it at 1200 X 1200 pixels for a square ad, downsize a COPY to 300X300 to make sure it is still readable.
b) If it is not easily readable, please go back and make the WORDS bigger.
4) If you have all the elements that you want in the ad, I can build an ad for you, upon receipt of the graphics and text you want, at a basic cost of $25. It won't be fancy.
5) HOWEVER, if I have to build it from scratch, the cost is an EXTRA $50, above the cost of the ad, because it takes time away from my writing articles. And I will still need to know the what, when and where, and preferably what type of graphics you would like.
All display ads link to your website or a Facebook address, that you must provide. Otherwise, it will link to an article or graphic that has details of the event, so people can uncover what will happen.
KEEP IT SIMPLE!!!!!!
1) All documents that are only words need to be in Word or as text.
2) Photos should be .jpg format and not manipulated in any way, except for possible cropping. Send the original digital photo attached separately from the Word document.
3) Send to firstname.lastname@example.org
4) Be sure to put contact information in case we have questions.
1) Do not send documents as PDFs unless they are flyers for an event
2) Do not use fancy formatting in a Word document
3) Do not embed photos or graphics inside a Word document
4) Do not waste your precious time or mine on fancy graphics in a document when it may not transfer over to the website
Editor's Note: These submission guidelines are preliminary and may be added to in the future.