The 24th Annual Silver City Blues Festival will take place May 24-26, 2019, Memorial Day weekend, at Gough Park in Silver City, NM. This year’s festival continues to be free for all to enjoy. It is supported by the Little Toad Creek Brewery and Distillery, Town of Silver City, members of the Mimbres Region Arts Council and many local businesses and individual blues lovers. The 2019 edition of the Silver City Blues Festival includes a new focus: celebrating our creative community.
The festival kicks-off on Friday, May 24, with the Gila Glass Classic Flame Off, at 5:00pm and music at 6:30 pm from Southwest Rock and Blues innovators The Rudy Boy Experiment. Hailing from the land of enchantment of Albuquerque New Mexico, this act has become very popular in the western U.S. The 3-piece group features the multi-talented Rudy “Boy” Jaramillo on vocals, as well as lead and rhythm guitar.
Saturday, May 25 features headliner, Grady Champion, a Grammy Award-winning performer from Canton, Mississippi. Also, living blues legend, Guitar Shorty returns to Silver City! Saturday’s line-up also includes Amos Torres, the Chris Dracup Trio, and the Laurie Morvan Band. Sunday, May 26 features fun party band, Felix y Los Gatos from Albuquerque, 16 year old Roman Barten-Sherman and Brody Buster.
The 2019 Blues Festival will have something for everyone – from harmonica stars, young blues prodigies to local performers, and unique vendors. There are several new and returning attractions this year for the whole family to enjoy.
- Friday, May 24, Silver City’s very own Glasserie will put on the Gila Glass Classic Flame-Off.
- Paint Out Silver! A plein air painting competition in collaboration with Silver City Art Association
- Steamroller printing: the Southwest Print Fiesta signature activity comes to the Blues Festival
- 9th Annual Kneeling Nun Bike Run
- NEW! Paradox Traveling Art Bus from El Paso, TX
- The festival will also be hosting demonstrations from local artists and organization
- Over 69 craft and food vendors
More festival information and links to band websites are available at www.silvercitybluesfestival.org.
Please come out and support the Mimbres Region Arts Council in its mission of nurturing a creative community and benefitting music programs in Grant County.