New Mexico Fire Weather Zone 111 Southwest Deserts And Lowlands/las Cruces Blm/glz- New Mexico Fire Weather Zone 112 South Central Lowlands And Southern Rio Grande Valley/blm/glz-Texas Fire Weather Zone 056 Hudspeth County-
1209 PM MST Fri Feb 9 2018
...RED FLAG WARNING IN EFFECT FROM NOON TO 6 PM MST SATURDAY FOR
LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITIES AND HIGH WINDS FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONES
056, 111, AND 112...
The National Weather Service in El Paso Tx/Santa Teresa has
issued a Red Flag Warning, which is in effect from noon to 6 PM
* AFFECTED AREA...Most of fire weather zone 111, portions of
fire weather zone 112 and Hudspeth County.
* WIND...20-foot winds from the west and west-southwest between
15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* HUMIDITY...Minimum relative humidities between 10 to15
* IMPACTS...any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now, or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds, low relative humidity, and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
High wind warning in Hidalgo County, visibility is low due to blowing dust. High profile vehicles please use caution. The NMDOT will continue monitoring the roadway. This event will be updated as conditions change.
Southern Gila Highlands/Black Range-Southern Gila Foothills/Mimbres Valley-Lowlands of the Bootheel-Uplands of the Bootheel-
Including the cities of Silver City, Lake Roberts, Kingston, Fort Bayard, Mimbres, Hurley, Faywood, Grant County Airport, Antelope Wells, Animas, Hachita, and Cloverdale
WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO
2 PM MST WEDNESDAY ABOVE 6500 FEET...
* WHAT...Snow expected. Plan on slippery road conditions at higher elevations. Total snow accumulations of up to 2 to 4 inches are expected, with the highest amounts occurring at elevations above 7500 feet.
* WHERE...Southern Gila Highlands/Black Range County.
* WHEN...Midnight tonight through 2 PM Wednesday. The heaviest snowfall rates will occur between 3 AM and 8 AM.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Accumulating snow will affect the higher elevations of New Mexico State Highway 15 north of Pinos Altos, and south of Gila Hot Springs, as well as portions of Highway 152, including Emory Pass. Highway 90 between Silver City and Lordsburg may see a mix of rain and snow with some slushy conditions possible.
Southern Gila Highlands/Black Range-
West Slopes Sacramento Mountains Below 7500 Feet-
Sacramento Mountains Above 7500 Feet-
East Slopes Sacramento Mountains Below 7500 Feet-
Including the cities of Silver City, Lake Roberts, Kingston,
Fort Bayard, Mescalero, Timberon, Mountain Park, Cloudcroft,
Sunspot, Apache Summit, Mayhill, Pinon, and Sacramento
356 AM MST Thu Dec 21 2017
...WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 PM MST THIS AFTERNOON...
Difficult Driving Conditions
Snow Packed and Icy – NM 90 Tyrone
Mile marker 25 to 42, road is snow packed and icy. Please drive with caution, reduce speed and obey all posted traffic signs. The NMDOT is out plowing roadway. This event will be updated as conditions change.
Snow Packed and Icy – NM 152 Santa Clara, Hanover
Mile marker 0 to 25, road is snow packed and icy. Please drive with caution, reduce speed and obey all posted traffic signs. The NMDOT is out plowing roadway. This event will be updated as conditions change.
Southern Gila Highlands/Black Range-
Including the cities of Silver City and Lake Roberts
211 PM MST Sat Dec 16 2017
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 5 AM SUNDAY TO 11 AM
* WHAT...Snow expected. Plan on difficult travel conditions. Total
snow accumulations of 3 to 6 inches, with localized amounts up
to 8 inches, are expected at elevations above 7,500 feet. Total
snow accumulations of 1 to 3 inches are expected down to 6,000
feet. Silver City may see a rain/snow mix with 1 to 2 inches
accumulation late Sunday.